Adobe Analytics App
APSIS enhanced Web Analytics works on a variety of web analytic platforms such as Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics, Webtrends, Click view, etc. Depending on what platform your website uses, an App has to be enabled to fit your current platform. APSIS enables the Apps from the back-end. Administrators can view what Apps are enabled for your organization by clicking on the tab “Apps”.
How to setup Adobe Analytics with APSIS
- Click on the tab "Apps" (only available to company administrators) in the navigation bar.
- Click on “Adobe Analytics” to edit the settings for the Adobe Analytics App.
Support for new and existing Adobe Analytics implementations
To start building the events, you need to specify what type of implementation you are working with.
If you do not have an existing Adobe Analytics script on your site, please skip step 1 and go directly to step 2.
1. Existing Adobe Analytics implementations
If you already have Adobe Analytics code on your website:
- Select "existing" in the drop down menu under implementation type. APSIS will now assume there is already an Adobe Analytics configuration and will not load a new one. Any events you create will complement or overwrite your existing Adobe Analytics implementation, so that you can gain more control and add new tracking without having to replace everything.
- As the implementation type is set to “existing”, a file location is not required.
Using APSIS for an existing Adobe Analytics implementation may require a particular placement of the APSIS tag.
Please contact APSIS Client Care to get your tag placement verified.
2. New Adobe Analytics implementations
If there is no Adobe Analytics code on the site that you wish to work with, you can do the following:
- Select "new" under implementation type.
- Specify the location of the s_code file that APSIS will use. If you already use an s_code file and host it yourself: you can simply indicate the location here.
- Specify the location of the s_code file that APSIS will use if you wish to track a secure site (https://).
- If you need further support regarding the Adobe Analytics S_code file, APSIS Client Care can help you configure and host the s_code file for you. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
How to use the Adobe Analytics App - creating an event
Build your event. (See instructions, chapter 3.)
- When the event is built, you can now send this data to Adobe Analytics by dragging the Adobe Analytics element to the Adobe Analytics area. You find the Adobe Analytics element under “Apps” in the left-hand menu
- Click on the element to select your settings.
- By clicking on the element, a pop-up will be shown. Specify the variable you want to be sent by selecting a variable from the drop-down. It is possible to select standard variables such as pageName, channel, products, and also customized evars, s.props and events. Make sure the variables used are enabled in your Adobe Analytics tool admin.
It is possible to send more than one variable at a time by dragging multiple Adobe Analytics elements to the event builder. Every Adobe Analytics element corresponds to a variable. For instance you may want to send a PageName variable together with an event in the same event. Both variables will be sent to Adobe Analytics in the same server call.
- Specify the value to be sent in with the variable. There are 3 options:
- Dynamic value: for this choice, you will first have to wire a value to the Adobe Analytics element. For instance, you could take the value "page title" and assign it to the Adobe Analytics variable pageName.
- Static value: Set a static value to be sent into Adobe Analytics every single time your event gets triggered.